Monday, August 29, 2016

      In an attempt to "creatively" document particular places of             my travels,   ....this time, instead of just writing about it,
     i wanted to Lyrically express the details and    change of mindset one place can give a traveler.                      .....  like New York did to me recently     ____ -Matt Monthei

"I don't know if ANYBODY will read this whole thing, 
but if you manage to,  let me know what you think,
this is my first time doing anything like this."

*the beats in your head*
________________________________________________________________________

Headin' back west, 
knowing something's different 
hard to give it a rest.

Put to a mental / physical test,
Stayed in New York long enough to stressed, 
Real jobs, responsibilities, ya you know the rest.. 
                         -
A stereotypical "life" came up and bit me in the face. 
And a sudden realization that this experience was just a taste,
of what people spend their whole life in school just to chase,
had me dwelling about my purpose, future, and my place,
cuz this aint an every day, all day, for years to come kinda thing
that is a life that i dont want to disgrace by any means,
i just feel misplaced and i just dont think im done doing random things

                        and New York? Thats a hike!
                              at first i was like,
    
A job on the books for a known period of time.. i dont know
We are the right kind of dudes to squeeze a dollar from a dime though
                         and it was about that time too, 
                                         -
I just wanted to be busy doing nothing in particular, 
But my wallet was screaming for attention for sure.
                                      -
So the money got the best of my time, and thank god it did, 
Cuz that's not all i took away from all this, and now i'm a different kid.
                         -
So here you go to catch you up in case you didn't know,
We met a guy and scored a job on craigslist in Idaho,
                                   -
3 months later i'm in Utah, Jeff calls me up late,
I need you, your bro, and the girls in New York, 
And not in city, i'm talkin', upstate
                                    -
       Says hes got all this work,
And needs a couple helping hands,
And he knows we live in vans so he offered us his land,
                                    -
Said come on over, work, you'll make some good money.
Learn about construction, chill.  meet some new buddies,
                                   -
You'll meet Richie Rich too, he's got a job for the state,
             ... aaaand that was the bait, 
           Maybe some would call it fate.
                                 buttt  -
       It's hard to say no to a 50 dollar an hour rate!
     2 van convoy headed there straight out the gates.

and while we leave this new place, its now makes it an old,
its just a memory that i plan to hold onto,
forever an experience that i worked through.
and found because we pushed through.

  I think we know a good opportunity, when we hear it,
But when we got there, we didn't see it, not with Jeff,.....    not even a teeny bit
Getting the runaround for payment, and him acting illegitimate,
                    Being the ultimate bigot,

We decided to leave his property, and almost his state,
Jeff had a washy personality, one of which i cant relate,

Thank god we met this "Richie Rich" first who agreed with us
Worked for him for a couple days, and that was enough to build the trust,
                                           -
We did some siding on the barn next to his mansion. seven acre property,
He said come park and live here. working kitchen, shower and facilities,
Of course ill give you house responsibilities, 
But you can park your vans here, and save money on utilities,
Just do whatever, and in the downtime work for me.

____________________________________________________________
Leaving a new place makes it an old,
Just a memory that no one else can hold and. 
Why were you there? What made you leave? 
How did this place come to be
WHAT IT IS TO ME
What is it to me?              Wait.

WHAT REALLY IS IT TO ME?
___________________________________________________________________

In the downtime work for me?
more like in your downtime sleep.


Workin' all day, staying up all night
Being totally inexperienced on a million dollar job site
Having to use wit, common sense, and only do things when the moments right,
                                        -
Not getting ahead of myself and definately not behind the others,
How we ever even got to work here or made it work i often wondered.
                                        -
Richie saw potential and an eagerness to get the flow
A couple hardworking dudes with the ability to grow,
                                  -
Grew by getting dirty, and massively sweatin'
We'd get home and the smell would slowly settle in
                                  -
Coming home to the girls unintentionally stained
With mostly concrete and whatever decided to kick up when it rained,
But we knew it was in our best interest to remain,

.......So the money made us stay.

And due to the back breaking labor, and the daily mental strain
We always got back everyday just a little more drained.

                              but i still can say,
                        its a good thing we came,

Without it, I wouldnt know all my new friends names,
Be more experienced in construction, and even be OSHA trained,

Have all these pairs of pants with all these fucking stains, 
                                   -
But I do realize now that when we left what remained,
Was a 22 year old that's 1/8 of an inch more trained

In this marathon called life
And I'll take that
I'll run with it for a mile
Cuz when I look back on it, 
I will smile.
_________________________________________________________
When leaving a new place, it now makes it an old.
Now a memory that no one else can hold 
Why were you there? what made you leave?
How, did this place come to be
WHAT IT IS TO ME
WHAT IT IS TO MEEE
what is it to me?             Wait.

WHAT REALLY IS IT TO ME?
________________________________________________________________________________

It was a commitment, racking of the brain, stressful days, 
Early mornings, long nights,   

It was all for the best,

Showing up with nothing, 
And not meeting the right people to keep the motivation rushin, 
At first it was tough and,
                                - 
-After the dude who brought me out here, 
Turned out to be a hipocritical fucking nightmare,

but if i would of never met him, id still be in moab, i woulda stayed
but I wouldnt take back this impact that 2 months of New York made.
            
              A true imprint on this life that I've created
                               -I appreciate it.

We do leave now with deeper pockets and ever so many memories,
                    Im driving now, With a smile
Cuz the people we met, and what we did will never just be history,,
Then my mindset and heartbeat starts to change so rapidly 
As the thought of what we actually accomplished starts weighing down on me
And I know these steps im taking of course lead to the top right?, my destiny.
I just let it happen cuz i know that this is whats best for me.


Cuz life scares me to prepare me for something that's much bigger,
And I hope that i can live up to i think im worth, and im not talkin being richer
By the time my destiny shows itself lets just hope it puts me to the test
Cuz ive been studying for some time and its obvious that im not like the rest, 
So this new mindset that i'm now blessed with
Will get stretched as m headin' back west wit it

__________________________________________
Leaving a new place makes it an old now,
Just a memory that no one else can hold and. 
Why were you there? what made you leave?
How did this place come to be
WHAT IT IS TO ME
What is it to me?
_________________________________________________________________

A whole new way of thinking, and a new meaning for school,
Traveling has turned me into one educated fool,
                                          -
Ever-changing places to lay my head puts it in perspective,
Experience and hardships mold my mind, en then reflect it.
My attitudes not all i got, but i still choose not neglect it, 
In fact, now i expect it
                                         -
To do now what it never used to do,
Enjoy the special moments of life and the hellos from people like you, 
                                         -
To be an authentic genuine member of society, 
And be so high on life, yet never go down the road of sobriety,
Chasing content moments is what it's all about to me, 
But I do have trouble fully appreciating something untill it's a memory.
,

And now that were leaving its overwhelming to believe
What a couple folks who live in vans can show up and achieve,


_______________________________________________________________
Leaving a new makes it an old,
Just a memory that no one else can hold and. 
Why were you there and why did you leave how, did this place come to be 
WHAT IT IS TO ME
WHAT IT IS TO MEEE
What is it to me? Wait.
WHAT REALLY IS IT TO ME?
_____________________________________________________________________________

Its already feels like a distant memory,
Who I met and what I did, I hold very close to me. 
Cuz that made me who i am now, and thats all i ever wanna be.
A person who can take what he did, who he met, and what he saw, 
And incorporate it all into one new thought.
And process it for a better understanding


2 months we're crammed into one heavy load,
It was one long windy road.



                                     -
You ever feel like placed where you are cuz you're meant to be?
Taking in surroundings and wondering what the world could be, 
If you could just see the reason you were placed here purposely, 
To get the most out of life, but of course freedom over security



But moneys temporary and connections are forever
Relations are more lucrative working together. 
                               -

Other people are constructing my personal growth,
Traveling is powerful, ive taken my oath

  I am just one, I am just one
Just tryna build a life that I don't have to run from,
                 JUST LIKE EVERYONE.

_________________________________________________________________________

Side notes and ramdom lyrics i couldnt find a place for                              but didnt want to delete



Theres the ones who live through something that means a lot to them and hold on to it till death, 
And there's people like me who wanna scream it from the bleachers.
It doesn't make me a bragger if I just wanna blabber
About these things I experience that make me think that I'm a rapper,

i just heard that if you do something, you learn from it and grow
Well clearly, i just wanna do it, learn from it, and go.



stayin lit till the day I die,
-an everburning wick, 
Never asking why.
just tryna live it,
and do my best to share it.
i dont know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

VANLIFE - the new American Dream?

  The American Dream;   T he ideal that every US citizen should have an equal opportunity to achieve success and prosperity through hard wor...